Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Thread: Autosave frequency

Autosave frequency

I'm typing on a touch-sensive screen which has a minor bug under Vista, that service breaks lose the cursor position when transferring text from the keyboard buffer. Unfortunately the site's autosaving about once every ten seconds, which is making typing a real pain - to be objective it shouldn't be more than about once every two minutes, nor less than every ten.

I was an invited beta-tester on the UK Ministry of Justice legal database a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by JelMain View Post
    I was an invited beta-tester on the UK Ministry of Justice legal database a couple of years back.
    The relevance being what exactly?

I'm typing on a touch-sensive screen which has a minor bug under Vista
    Sorry but this site is not responisble for Vista bugs on touch sensitive screens.

The autosave frequency was longer but there were requests from members to make it shorter.

Unfortunately the site's autosaving about once every ten seconds, which is making typing a real pain - to be objective it shouldn't be more than about once every two minutes, nor less than every ten.
    The minimum setting in VBulletin is 20 seconds and that is the current setting.
    The idea of the autosave is to auto save a message being typed in case of a browser crash etc. Members did say that 60 seconds would be too long. In your message your are referring to a specific case with a touch sensitive screen on a Vista system so your comment does not seem to be objective but rather subjective and specific to a particular piece of hardware and a particular operating system.